Historylinks Year: 1780
Seven buttons of various sizes, 18th or early 19th Century discovered by a metal detectorist on Pitgrudy Farm, Dornoch. All the copper alloy/white metal buttons have loop fastenings, Two buttons are white metal ( either silver or tombac which is zinc & copper and has a silvery appearance); one has milling around front edge, broken; one 1 white metal plated front copper alloy reverse; 5 copper alloy – 1 with incised rings on reverse and the letters ?’CLAT’ with stars in the middle ring. Some active corrosion.
Picture added on 18 July 2012 at 09:48